Change a Life through Volunteering
Be the positive change in the lives of local children and families. By dedicating your time and skills, you can make a huge difference in providing support and guidance that empowers kids to create a brighter future.
Volunteering: Time Well-Spent
When you volunteer with us, you elevate the quality of our activities and enrich the events we organize. Whether you’d like to assist in a fundraising event, sit on a committee, teach a skill to one or more children, or simply spend priceless quality time with children, your involvement is invaluable.
How to Become a VolunteerAll of our volunteers play a vital role in ensuring members succeed and in guaranteeing our events go off without a hitch. We appreciate your time, and that’s why signing up to help out is easy!
- Fill out the volunteer application form and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Set aside time to meet with the Volunteer Coordinator. You will be given a tour of the site and have the current programs explained to you. Based on the time commitment and program area you are interested in, the Volunteer Coordinator will work out a schedule that works for you.
- To ensure the safety of the youth in our program, you must pass a Nevada and FBI background check before volunteering at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Nevada.
- The Club pays the cost of the background check in appreciation of the service you provide to our community.
- Every staff member and volunteer—regardless of the extent of involvement at the Club—must comply with our enrollment and training procedures before working with our members.
- Once you are cleared to work with youth, all volunteers must attend an orientation and training that covers our Club policies and procedures as well as the rules for our Club members.
- After orientation, you will be assigned to a youth development professional (YDP) if you are working directly with our kids. Your YDP will act as your supervisor while you are volunteering in their program area and will be your point of contact for any questions or concerns. For those volunteering for an event, an administrative staff will act as your supervisor.
Meet Our Volunteer Coordinator
Are you ready to get involved and help support children in our community? Great! We’re happy you’re considering volunteering with us. Please contact Elizabeth Benitez, our Volunteer Coordinator, for more information or if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 775-882-8820 x11
Connecting to Community
“I tell everybody about how amazing and wonderful the Club is. Volunteering is structured but in a loose way, which I am grateful for. And the kids are just so adorable. At the Club, kids can just be themselves, not needing to seek out attention all the time.”