Smart Start Philosophy
The mission of BGCWN's Smart Start is to provide an age-appropriate environment that meets the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive needs and abilities of each child. In doing so, we seek to inspire and enable the healthy development of all young children, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential in life.
Our curriculum is derived from the Nevada Department of Education’s Pre-Kindergarten standards. Through planned activities and consistent daily schedules, as well as a safe and caring environment, staff meet each child at their individual creative, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social needs to assist them on their developmental path. By providing a variety of hands-on activities and experiences to encourage exploration, manipulation, problem solving, and sharing, each child is given a sense of empowerment and self-control.
Smart Start Russell Way Membership & Program Fees
- Members must be between the ages of 3 to 5 years.
- All children must be potty trained.
- Hours of Operation: 7 AM - 5 PM, Monday - Friday
- Fees: $192 for a full week, $150 for part-time care (up to 3 days a week). Both monthly and weekly pay schedules are available.
- Lunch and a snack are provided daily.
- Monthly spots are first come, first serve. Spots are currently available for our Russell Way location, inside the Boys & Girls Club Clubhouse.
Join Our Waitlist!
In late 2024 and early 2025, we will have multiple Smart Start locations open around Carson City and Carson Valley. These locations will provide care for those 6 weeks to 5 years old. Reserve your spot for our future locations by contacting Michele Williams, Director of Smart Start Centers, at (775)-882-8820 or email@example.com.
Words from Our Smart Start Parents
"My child has really thrived at the Boys & Girls Club’s preschool. He was viewed as a challenge at a prior facility, and they even went as far as to say my child needed to be 'further evaluated cognitively', but the teachers at BGCWN have reassured me that my child is an amazing kid that is smart, helpful, and kind. They strive to make my child believe that about himself as well. They all love him, care for him, and uplift him on a daily basis."